Sunday, January 24, 2010

Picture, perfect

I just got back this afternoon from a few days in south Florida. I flew down to visit my cousin Julie, and we had a fabulous time! Shortly before I left for the airport on Thursday, I got a call from a friend whose daughter is on the swim team with Mike. She asked if I had seen this week's Turret (post newspaper) yet. I said no, but that I had it in my bag to read on the plane. She wouldn't tell me what it was but just laughed and said to make sure I checked out the front-page of the sports section. This got my curiosity going, so when I got through security and was enjoying my hot chocolate at the airport Starbucks, I pulled out the paper and saw this photo, which was taken last week at senior night:



Isn't it perfect? I laughed my head off and showed the photo to a couple total strangers sitting near me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, youthful exuberance! (I thought sure you would point out the daughter of the friend who called you.)

Glad you had a nice trip.

Love, Grandma

Karla said...

that. is. awesome.

Bonnie said...

Grandma, my friend's daughter is a freshman. All the kids in the picture are seniors. She just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. :-)