Saturday, January 30, 2010

Got snow?

We do!





Harvey is amazed by all the fluffy whiteness (not unlike himself), but this is as close as he gets to it:



I've started feeding birds on my back porch, which is great because I get to see them up close. What I didn't count on was that it would make it twice as hard to keep Harvey off the counter:



The snow scuttled plans for the swim team's final meet before Regionals. Instead, they met at the pool for an extra practice and some frosty fun:



The snow also postponed Annabelle's play rehearsal until tomorrow, which meant that suddenly today became the only day that we could go dress-shopping for the JROTC military ball. She wants long, and I am telling you that EVERYTHING-BUT-EVERYTHING out there is short. We still managed to come home with 2 contenders, and now you get to vote! Will it be Dress 1:



or Dress 2:



(Keep in mind that either dress will need some alterations.)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I like dress#2 the best. very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I vote for dress 2 but either is great. David

Julia said...

She looks happier in dress #1, and it seems a bit more conservative, so I vote for dress #1, but they are both very pretty. Do either of them have any kind of sweater or jacket, or maybe such things aren't nesessary once inside the building, and an overcoat to get there is sufficient.
Thanks for asking.
Love, Julia

Anonymous said...

I like Dress No. 2, but who am I to say? My clothes sense is a bit outdated, and I usually go for the more tailored style.

Sure hope she has a great time though!

Love, Grandma

Teresa said...

Gotta go with dress #2! As for Mike, are they idiots? The snow missed us, unfortunately for us. The kids wanted it so bad!

dad said...

My baby girl is growing up...not certain I am liking this...she is beautiful in both so can't go wrong. Having said that, I think dress #1.

Fred said...

This the Fort Knox HS Swim Team's version of polar bear?

The white cat was always going to be just as bad as the black cat when it came to staying off the counter top...simple as black and white.

Mimmie Boyd said...

Both dresses are beautiful. It is a hard choice, but I think I vote for #1 because I think it looks more comfortable.

I can't belive those crazy kids out in the snow in their bathing suits. Brrr!

Melissa Nangle said...

OK, dress 1 is my favorite - my only concern is that the green with either clash with Class A's or she'll blend into them - and she is NOT a "blend-in girl"!! :D

Dress 2 is just as beautiful, I just like the style and cut on dress 1 more.

AB, you're beautiful in both dresses - HAVE FUN!! <3<3<3

Jim said...

I know I'm late to the party, but dress 2 is my vote. Live large AB!

Karla said...

I vote #2. she looks so regal in it.

Ninny Jenny said...

AB: Both dresses are pretty, but I like #1 the best.

Mike: Are you crazy?!?! Too funny!

Harvey: If you go outside, don't close your eyes. They'll never find you.

Kathleen said...

I think she looks beautiful in both but I like dress #2 better. Seems a bit more her age group #1 seems "older" to me.

Anonymous said...

I like #1 better. Maybe it's the mom in me, but I like the straps!

She's beautiful in both so there' no worries.

Where are the dress police during practice?

gomomyourock

Bonnie said...

Dress #2 is at the tailor's, so we finally have made a commitment. Thanks, everybody, for weighing in!