Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bear with me

I have a new Internet obsession. Lily is a 3-year-old black bear, who is "denning" (fancy bear talk for "hibernating "?) in Minnesota. There is a webcam in her den, and you can watch every thrilling moment here. Often all you can make out is a large, fuzzy presence but no discernible parts, but occasionally she shifts position and then you can look her in the eye (or ear). She is due to give birth to cubs very soon, which should be interesting. Check it out!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm jealous of Lily. I could use a long nap.

Bonnie said...

I feel sorry for her when I can see snow falling on her, but aside from that, yeah, I'm mostly jealous, too.

Mom said...

I just checked on Lily,and it is snowing on her! We need to take her a blanket. This reminds me of the traumatic event I experienced watching a stork nest in Poland on a live web cam. :(