Wednesday, August 20, 2008

See? Salt.

Remember ages ago when my mom joined the kids and me on what would come to be known as the hell-you-don't-know tour of Poland? We wound up taking a tour of a salt mine, and while I was there I bought some salt:



For the longest time, I didn't use it because this was, after all, special salt. Eventually though I decided that was stupid, so I started sprinkling it around. The whole time, I have been enjoying it and telling myself that when it runs out I will simply buy more on the Internet, because is there anything that's not for sale on the Internet?

As luck would have it, I recently ran out, and it turns out that there IS something that is not for sale on the Internet. Polish salt. Damn.

Edited to add: Oh, look what I just found in the Polish Yellow Pages! I've sent an email. Cross fingers!

No comments: