Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hot stuff

Our AC died last night. The compressor seems to be compressing, but the fan just says "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" and refuses to blow the air around. I've got a service call in, and the guy is going to come take a look at it this afternoon. He said though, "I sure hope this isn't one of those calls I've been dreading for a week. Some of the fans in those old houses take these big motors, and we're out of them." Uh oh. That doesn't sound good.

For now we have the windows open, and it's not too bad. I suppose as the day gets warmer, we will likely all take our laptops and head for the basement. It's always cool down there.

I made blueberry muffins for the kids this morning to mark the last day of summer vacation. No way was I going to turn on the oven in the kitchen though! Instead, I moved my convection oven out to the front porch and baked 3 trays of minimuffins, one after another after another. The convection oven is too small to hold a regular-sized muffin tin. It's kind of like the EZ Bake Oven I never got.

No comments: