Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday report

Well, the dance was a smashing success (I think they had around 150 kids there, which is almost half the school.) I stayed in the hallway handing out refreshments, but the kids seemed to have be having fun in the cafeteria.

My big success was rescuing nearly all the plastic water bottles from the trash. I was appalled last year at the homecoming dance to see so much plastic tossed in the trash, so last night I went prepared and wound up dragging home a huge yard bag of empty bottles. It's sad though to see how much water is wasted because kids take a bottle, set it down, lose track of it, get another, lather, rinse, repeat. So we've decided that we're going to be pouring water into paper cups at this year's homecoming dance.

Today I got to sleep in until after 9, which was really nice. Then Mike and I spent the afternoon in Louisville. We bought him new shoes for cross-country, went to lunch, and got his hair cut.

I think tomorrow Annabelle and I are going to go see the new Traveling Pants movie and finish off her school-supplies shopping.

No comments: