Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Internet love affair

Have I told you lately how much I love Zappos? In case you've never shopped there before, here's how it works: You buy stuff from them, and they ship it to you for free. If you decide you don't want to keep something you bought, they pay for the return shipping and refund your money promptly. This month, for example, Zappos sent 3 pairs of Vans slip-on shoes to my house, but only 1 pair wound up joining the family.

I bought a baby present on Zappos the other day (who knew they had so much more than shoes?!). When it arrived on Monday, the UPS man dropped off 2 boxes. I wasn't too concerned, I do occasionally order stuff and forget all about it (sleep shopping?), but when I opened the second box yesterday, I found that it contained a backpack that should have gone to a woman out in Washington. So I called Zappos to explain the situation, and not only are they having the UPS man come back to my house today to pick up the box, but they also sent me a $25 coupon to say thanks. How nice is that?!

I think I will eventually apply the coupon to the purchase of some really nice boots (when I've set aside enough cash to pay the difference). I heart you, Zappos!

No comments: