Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still here, just busy

Well, it's a darn good thing that NaBloPoMo was last month and not this month, because I'm having a hard enough time just trying to get something out once or twice a week.

Life has been crazy lately: I hosted a coffee here at the house last weekend, and we hosted the icebreaker for Fred's conference this week last night. The kids have been busy with their activities, and I have been busy driving them to their activities. (Mike has a swim meet tonight, and I still haven't gotten around to posting my pictures from the meet a week and a half ago.) Friday night was the USAREC holiday formal, and Saturday afternoon Fred and I went to the CG's reception. Then I spent from 7 to 10 at the PX wrapping presents for donations for the high school PTO. Today was the OCSC luncheon. And on Friday we leave for New York, so there's a lot of packing to do.

We had a great time at the formal Friday night. I bought gold shoes to go with my green dress, and I am happy to report that not only were the shoes fairly inexpensive, they were also quite comfy! Too bad it was so cold Friday night though--I just about froze in the 10 feet I had to travel from the car to the club door. Here's our official photo (see, it's just like prom):



Last night the weather had warmed up quite a bit. In fact, it was so much warmer that Fred and I were able to go Hawaiian-festive for the icebreaker:

No comments: