Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Majority

My baby boy is 18 today! We had a very low-key celebration: he went to lunch with a friend, and we made his favorite grilled chicken for supper. While he was out this afternoon, he bought a lottery ticket in order to experience one of the many thrills of adulthood, but he just wound up one dollar poorer but wiser--yep, sounds like adulthood to me! The cashier at the gas station asked if he wouldn't also like to buy some cigarettes, but fortunately he took a pass on that one.

My how times do change! This was in September 1992:



And just the other day:



Cue the "Sunrise, Sunset" music!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RATS!!! You just reminded me that I forgot to mail Mike's birthday card (which I have had for several months.) Well, I am going to mail it anyway with apologies for being such a forgetful old granny.

What a contrast in the two pictures you posted, eighteen years apart. Happy belated birthday to Mike! Love, Grandma Grace

Mom said...

I love those photos!! Sunrise, Sunset for sure!

Ninny said...

Happy 18th + 1 Day, Mike!