Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's always something

I spent part of today working on getting Annabelle a referral to the ophthalmologist here on post, which was much more frustrating than it should have been. I'll continue working the system tomorrow and hope to have an appointment within a couple of days.

This afternoon I was having a lovely time down in E'town while the kids were at rehearsal. I got a junior-sized peach milkshake at Steak 'n Shake and sat in the car in the shade, reading my magazine and knitting once the shake was all gone. I called my friend Laura E. and made plans to pick up Panera and take it to her house for supper after rehearsal.

I stopped for gas on my way to Panera, and when I went to turn the car back on, all I got was this annoying clicking noise. A nice man at the next pump pulled his truck around and tried several times to jump start it, but it didn't work. I called USAA's roadside assistance number and put in a request for a tow truck, and then I called Laura to pick up the kids from rehearsal and then come rescue me.

All's well that ends well. The car is at Sears, and they suspect it is the starter and battery. Laura and her son Mark came to get us, and we wound up enjoying our Panera at the restaurant instead of getting it to go. We shall see what new adventures are in store for us tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that's why it is always wise to have a Plan B, and I'm surely glad that you did. You just never know what can go wrong with these horseless carriages.

All's well that ends well; I hope there is nothing seriously wrong and that you get your car back very soon.

Love, Grandma

Teresa said...

Older cars are so much trouble, but no car payments can make it worth it. Good luck getting it straightened out!