Saturday, June 05, 2010

Consider us oriented!

We left Fort Walton Beach Tuesday morning and stopped in Destin to have lunch with my Aunt Suzie at McGuire's:



Then we spent the afternoon driving over to Tallahassee, where we dropped Mike off at a dorm at FSU to begin freshman orientation that evening. Our own orientation began the next morning at 8:00 sharp (and 7:00 the following day!). We wound up bailing after supper on Wednesday because as awesome as I'm sure the evening's entertainment would have been, crawling into my jammies and then into bed sounded even MORE awesome. By 2:00 Thursday afternoon, our brains were spinning with odd bits of knowledge about Florida State. Mike had a wonderful time, got registered for his classes, and is looking forward to the fall. Annabelle spent most of the 2 days saying, "I wish I could go to college NOW!"

I don't know how much blogging will be going on this next week. After just one day at home to do laundry and collect our wits, we are taking off again tomorrow morning, this time for Charlottesville. I'm taking my camera and computer, but I'm sure time will be in short supply. I'm glad the schedule worked out to tack this TDY to the JAG school on to the end of Fred's R&R, thus giving us an extra week together. He heads back to Kabul next Sunday though, and I'm sure there will be more time for blogging after that. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please get back with the blogging, Bonnie; I've missed you!!!

Love, Grandma

Bonnie said...

I'm working on it, Grandma! :-)