Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spa day

Fred has always been in charge of dog bathing around here, and even last year when he wasn't here most of the time, he got home often enough to keep Ginger fairly tidy. Annabelle and I tried to give her a bath once since he deployed, but it wasn't very successful, and she was starting to look pretty scruffy. I didn't take a before picture, but if I had, she would have looked something like this:



Today I took her to a professional groomer for a shampoo, haircut, and nail trim and got back this:



It seems to have re-puppified her, and her fur feels much softer. The only negative that I can see is that from behind she looks like a victim of overzealous bikini waxing. You know the joke about how if I had a dog who looked like you, I'd shave its butt and teach it to walk backwards? Let's just say that now we know what that would look like.

No comments: