Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crunch

Time crunch, that is. I have a paper due in my class Tuesday night, and I need to be ready to transport us all from here to Charlottesville by way of northern VA sometime shortly thereafter. Our departure details are up in the air right now as we wait for Fred to get his travel plans finalized, figure out whether or not the kids can/should miss the last day of school before fall break, etc. Meanwhile, the kids and I all have hair appointments within the next 2 days. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it is 2 round trips to Louisville. And then on Sunday I'll be spending the morning in L'ville taking Mike to a swim clinic and the afternoon in E'town taking Annabelle to a party for her musical theater group. If Monday comes and I STILL have this stupid paper hanging over my head, I am going to be a nervous wreck.

So I'm trying to work around that by knocking out as much as I can today, but here it is almost the end of the day, and I'm disappointed with what I've got. Moreover, as I mentioned a couple days ago, I have thought on more than one occasion about dropping this (my only) class. My most recent thoughts were yesterday when the professor posted a quiz that is due, according to the assignment, "February 29 at 5:30 p.m." Really? February 29? He mentioned in class that that was an error, but so far the error is still sitting there. So is Quiz 2 due on October 6, like it says elsewhere on the class website, or is that also an error and the quiz is in fact due on Wednesday, which is our next class day with Quiz THREE (not 2) due on October 6? Good freakin' question. It is really hard to muster any level of enthusiasm for this assignment when I am gritting my teeth to make it through the class in general.

Back to the salt mine . . .

No comments: