Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Royal we

Ever wondered what exactly Bonnie and Queen Elizabeth have in common? Besides that annoyingcharming tendency to refer to themselves in the third person, I mean. Get this--they are both going to the Kentucky Freakin' Derby this May!!!!

Can you believe that? Fred emailed me a few weeks ago and said that one of his friends at work has access to box-seat tickets and would we be interested in going. I immediately emailed back: "Does Osama Bin Laden poop in a cave?" I didn't want to blog about it though until I was 100% certain it was a done deal, because it would just be too demoralizing to have to say, "Never mind. No Derby." But it's a sure thing now!

Next order of business: I need to buy a really cool hat. Gosh, I hope the queen and I don't show up wearing the same hat. Or the same dress, for that matter.

No comments: