Monday, March 26, 2007

My ongoing quest for total photo organization

I've been going through all of our professional portraits we've had made over the years (Christmas photos, school pictures, etc.) and trying to put them into order. First I went through and made sure that I had at least an 8X10 or 5X7 for each shot, and then I got rid of all the extra wallet sizes. Then I scanned each picture, and now I'm in the process of renaming the files according to date and who is in each picture. I'm trying not to get bogged down at this point with tweaking the images, as the whole point is simply to create an archive that I can use down the road if I should ever have to--heaven forbid!--replace all my pictures.

It has been a lot of fun though going through and seeing how much we have changed over the years. This picture in particular though really cracked me up:



Maybe it just didn't seem quite so white trash 13 years ago in a Walmart in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Mamas, make sure your babies grow up before they become cowboys. Or at least before they handle firearms.

No comments: