Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A busy weekend and a busier week

Last weekend found the Taylors in 3 different states: Fred and I went to Georgia for Mercer's law school weekend; Annabelle went to the Great Smokey Mountains Institute at Tremont with a group from her school; and Mike stayed home in Kentucky to watch the dog and pretend to be an orphan. Reports were decidedly mixed:

Fred and I had a great time in Georgia! We got to see some old friends, and we ate waaaaay too much. We even got to go see a non-Harry Potter movie, which was lots of fun. It was also terrific to see the flowers blooming and know that spring is slowly inching its way towards us.

I think that the further Annabelle gets from the Tremont trip, the happier she will be that she went in the first place. When we picked her up Sunday night though, she declared that the bus ride was the best part, due largely to the infestation of ladybugs in the girls' dorm room.

Mike was glad we allowed him to stay home in peace to work on his salt-dough map for History (and am I ever glad to have missed that!). He did, however, declare the dog to be "high maintenance."

School is kicking my rear end this week. Things seem to be heating up for the second half of the semester. So mostly I am tunneling into my burrow and working on my class assignments and thus have nothing brilliant or exciting to share with you.

I do, however, wish you a Happy Pi Day and hope like mad that we won't be celebrating as we did last year.

No comments: