Monday, March 05, 2007

All the pretty little ponies

Saturday night was the annual Gold Rush extravaganza here at Ft. Knox. I wore the pioneer dress my mom made back in the early 1980s, and every time somebody raved about my dress, I simply smiled and said, "It's vintage!"



Once again, I was in charge of the Run for the Gold horse race. I didn't decorate a horse this year, but people are still talking about the "Trojan Horse" I made last year.

I had 12 very dedicated volunteers, and all the horses came out great. Here is a picture that I snapped of a few of them during set up before the event:



This horse, "Derby Does It," was my personal favorite:



Last year we averaged $100 per horse, and this year I had my fingers crossed that we would do at least that well. Instead, our average this year was nearly $200! This really puts the pressure on for next year, but I'm already thinking of some ideas for the next Run for the Gold.

No comments: