Saturday, January 20, 2007

Do you have your Red Hot Chili Pepper shoes on?

Fred and Mike do. They are at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati waiting to get inside for the concert tonight.

Mike was devastated last spring when RHCP announced the dates for their tour and there wasn't a single venue within 5 hours of us. We are cool parents but there are limits to that coolness, and apparently the limits do not extend to Cleveland.

But then in the fall, they added on some performances including tonight's, and Mike bought his ticket as soon as they went on sale.

How cool is Fred for taking Mike to this concert (even if he did also pack earplugs)? Can I just say how eternally grateful I am that I didn't have to go? I don't have a very extensive concert pedigree, and the few that I do have include head-banging acts such as Air Supply and John Denver. I don't think I would know what to do with myself at a RHCP concert. I think I would look out of place if I sat there knitting.

UPDATE: Just received the following from Fred via the Crackberry: "We are in and in our seats. They are straight across the floor from the stage. We have shirts and are waiting for the show to start."



UPDATE: Here is the latest from the Crackberry: "RHCP is GREAT! Started at 2100. No idea when they will stop." I wonder if that means Fred took the earplugs out. (Thanks to Suzie for tweaking the photo of Mike!)

No comments: