Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bread--it's what's for supper.

A couple weeks ago, my invisible friend Barbara shared this New York Times article about an exciting new breadmaking technique that calls for a very long rising time and NO kneading. Now as you may recall, I am a failure when it comes to making bread, so at first I didn't pay much attention.

Soon though, my invisible friends all across the country were making this bread and raving about the results. I decided to give it a whirl, figuring all I stood to lose was 3 cups of flour and a little yeast and salt.

Last week I made my first loaf, and it was good! Annabelle even said I could have my own business--Bonnie's Breads--which is pretty high praise. I made another loaf last night, and the kids and I had it for supper since Fred had to stay late at work for a meeting. Here is a shot of last night's creation:



Go here to get the recipe and try it yourself! You'll be glad you did.

No comments: