Monday, October 16, 2006

Should be lots of blog fodder this week

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Fred is in Hilton Head, and we had a ton of events to keep me busy. Annabelle had back-to-back sleepovers, and Mike played with the band at the football game on Friday (I worked the band booster concession stand) and a cross-country meet on Saturday. He and I spent all day yesterday getting him ready for this week--Spirit Week, which culminates in Homecoming on Friday night (followed by another cross-country meet on Saturday--the fun just never stops around here).

Each day of Spirit Week has a different theme, and the kids get to break dress code if they dress according to the theme. Mike and I hit Goodwill yesterday and came out with a huge trash bag of treasures. I haven't seen Mike this excited about dressing up since he was 4 and hung around the house most days in his Big Bird costume:



Today is Nerd Day, which pains me to even type. Maybe it's the bleeding heart liberal in me, but somehow a day dedicated to mocking those already marginalized by the hell that is high-school society seems cruel. He did throw together a really good costume though:



Bird to nerd in just 10 short years.

No comments: