Friday, October 20, 2006

ANSWER: "Pulled Jesus stickers off water bottles."

QUESTION: "So what did you do at school today?"

Apparently a local church had donated a whole lot of bottled water to the high school at some point in the recent past. The PTO wanted to use them for the homecoming dance tonight, but we were told by the administration that we couldn't unless we "neutralized" them. I guess they put the kids to work on this project.

I'm as big a fan of separation of church and state as the next person, but it strikes me as kind of silly. I mean, it's not like it's bottled holy water, right? Furthermore, taking this out to its logical conclusion, isn't there a risk of a Christian student protesting over being asked to deface Jesus stickers on school time?

It just seems to me like we're playing with fire here. Good thing we've got plenty of water.

No comments: