Thursday, March 30, 2006

A real hat for an imaginary friend

I've been on a message board of fellow moms for several years now, and even though I've never met most of them, they are so dear to me! I call them my imaginary friends and am grateful every time we move that I have these friendships that follow me wherever I may go.

We talk about everything from parenting to cooking to sex to reality TV (I just read the reality TV threads in case the subject changes to parenting, cooking, or sex), and a couple of months ago, the topic of Flying Spaghetti Monster hats just happened to come up. (To learn more about Flying Spaghetti Monster, click here.) My imaginary friend Deana mentioned that she thought I should make her such a hat, and I laughed it off.

I couldn't stop thinking about it though. Plus I was bored to death with knitting socks, so I thought it might make an interesting diversion if nothing else. I really got into the project though and found myself giggling madly as I crocheted. Fred and the kids even got in on it, urging me every time I thought I was finished that "It needs more noodles!"

I sent the Flying Spaghetti Monster hat to Deana last week, and she was thrilled to receive a present and honored to be touched by His Noodly Appendage. Doesn't she look positively saintly in her new hat?



Personally, I think next she needs a vanity plate for her car:

No comments: