Thursday, March 23, 2006

Setting out cookies and milk for the farting-pig people

A while back, I mentioned that I was getting an awful lot of hits from people who were finding my blog using search terms like "farting pig." It's still going on, and I am really taking a perverse amount of pride in this. I guess one takes one's traffic where one finds it.

I just did a quick survey of my stats for the past 24 hours. Of my 92 hits, a total of 38 people got to this blog courtesy of the farting pig. When you take into account that of the remaining 54 hits one is my mom, and one is my dad, and one is my sister (who only looks at the pictures and never reads the text, so really I could tell you some stories about Jenny, and she would never know--unless Kim rats me out, Kim being yet another of those 92 hits), the farting-pig people are a LOT of my audience.

Being a people pleaser, I wish that I had something to offer to make them want to return another day. And yet, what do I have? The subject of flatulence rarely comes up here, and I hardly ever feature livestock--just the occasional wooden horse. So I can only hope that maybe these people, who obviously share my twisted sense of humor, will find something worth returning for.

One thing I have found is that the enjoyment of farting pigs transcends geographical boundaries. According to my sitemeter, these readers have come from all over the States, from Canada, from the UK, from Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Turkey! The farting pig is universal.

We will be leaving for Salt Lake City for 5 days on Saturday, and I doubt I will be blogging again between now and then. I have a HUGE favor to ask while I'm gone. See my Guest Map over in the sidebar? I haven't made a big deal out of it, and so far a grand total of 4 people have stuck a pin in the map (THANK YOU, Ivy, Claire, Gretchyn, and Clara!! :::smooch:::). It would make me so happy if while I'm away, maybe you might consider adding a pin from your corner of the world.

You don't have to leave an email address or a website. You don't have to identify yourself as a fan of the farting pig. In fact, feel free to add a disclaimer, something to the extent of "I do not favor the farting pig, and it is merely a coincidence that I arrived here during the season of the porcine tooter," because really, this invitation goes out to all my readers. It will mean the world to me.

No comments: