Sunday, March 19, 2006

Still here . . . just very quiet

Hi, everybody, I'm still here. I seem to have taken a vacation from blogging--a blogcation? I wish I had planned on doing so in advance, so that I could have enjoyed my little break instead of feeling constantly guilty about my inability to post. Instead, I kept meaning to write, day after day, until finally almost 2 weeks had slid by. So, let's see . . . what have you missed? Hmmmmm . . . not much.

Fred has been making quick trips here and there to exotic destinations such as Syracuse, NY, and Fort Jackson, SC. The kids are continuing to enjoy school and are doing quite well, as evidenced by this most recent round of report cards. It would be unseemly for me to brag about their grades, so instead I shall just tell you that nobody brought home any consonants.

And me? Now that Gold Rush is over (except for the thank-you notes and after-action report I have yet to write), I have turned my energies toward a huge indexing project. It seems to dominate most of my time and leaves me little enthusiasm for playing around on the computer.

The good news is that I have lots of pictures that I have been meaning to blog, so I shall try and get those posted over the next few days. I want to leave you with a little something to remember me by when I disappear next Saturday for another 5 days. We are all headed out west to Salt Lake City to visit Fred's youngest brother and his family! I may or may not try snowboarding again while we're out there. Here's an idea--why don't you go to the old blog and revisit our Thanksgiving snowboarding adventure from 2 years ago while I try to think of something to write about?

No comments: