Tuesday, February 21, 2006

With apologies to the neighbors across the street

All the windows in our house here in Kentucky had miniblinds hanging in them when we moved in, except for the ones in the master bathroom. Those windows have frosted glass, and the toilet is situated in such a way that one could sit on the throne and wave to passersby, if the window were open and if one were so inclined. When the kids and I got here from Florida and saw the house for the first time, I brought this to Fred's attention, and he said, "No, it's OK, nobody can see in because of the frosted glass." I took this to mean that he had TESTED this and found it to be true. This was in early October.

Fast forward to last Wednesday night. I'm walking home from my coffee down the street. Somebody has left the light on in our bathroom, and I can see--plain as day--my grubsuit hanging on the back of the open door, which is next to the window. I spent the rest of the week peeing in the dark and waiting for Fred to come home from DC. Turns out the person who walked Fred through the house when he took possession of it gave him that line in response to his query about the lack of blinds and he believed them!

There are blinds on the windows now, neighbors. You can return to whatever it is you were doing before the peep show moved in across the street.

No comments: