Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Accordion music and bellydancing for Valentine's Day

Fred and I don't usually go out on Valentine's Day. Restaurants are just too crazy on that night, so we stay away. This year though, one of the women in my international spouses coffee group was hosting a special Valentine's dinner at her Greek restaurant. I wanted to go to support her business and also because I was curious about the professional(!) bellydancer(!) from Louisville(!).

I hadn't realized there would be accordion music, too, but there was:



We dined on gryos and Greek salads and some really amazing baklava and enjoyed the bellydancing show:



We had to leave before the plate smashing, which disappointed me, but Fred had an early-morning plane to catch today, and I had a doctor's appointment anyway (OK, so my appointment was with TV doctor Greg House on FOX, but I am very loyal to my regular shows).

It's amazing to think that this time last year, we were coming up on the end of Fred's R&R.

In other Valentine's Day news, Willie Nelson chose yesterday to release his new song, "Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly (Fond of Each Other)." When I heard this, I rushed right over to iTunes and downloaded it. Now Mike is irritated with me, not because I sullied his iTunes library with a gay cowboy song, but because I dared to put Willie Nelson there amongst Nine Inch Nails and Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can listen to a snippet here.

No comments: