Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Final furniture delivery

Oh, I'm feeling all grown up today! The remainder of the new furniture has arrived, and the early-newlywed junk is on its way to the basement.

We had fallen in love with Thomasville's Color Cafe line but were having trouble justifying the extreme cost. I did a little online searching and found that the Thomasville stuff is manufactured by Canadel. We found a dealer in Louisville who handles Canadel, and voila! Eight weeks later, here is our new dining room, custom made to our desires for 50 percent of Thomasville's price.

We decided to go with the boat-shaped table and 8 chairs. Here is the table with 1 leaf and all 8 chairs (pretend you can't see all that crap along the wall):



There is a second leaf, but I'm afraid we'll have to sledgehammer out a wall in order to ever use it in this dining room.

Here is the new china cabinet:



Now I just need to fill it up with my Polish pottery collection!

I have ordered the rest of my curtains and am expecting them any day now. We might actually have the downstairs (with the exception of Fred's office) finished by the end of the weekend! I can't believe I ever had illusions about getting this house done by Halloween.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we are also looking at Thomasville color Cafe and hesitating because of price. Who is the dealer that
you found that gave you a great price?

Thanks,
Jerry

Bonnie said...

Jerry, the place was called Bare Wood Furniture Trendsetters, and it was on Shelbyville Road, where Ethan Allen is now. I see that there is a store by the same name on Bardstown though. Maybe it's the same? Number is (502) 491-9301. Good luck! We're still very happy with our furniture.