Saturday, April 21, 2012

University of San Diego tour

The weather has been disappointingly cool and dreary here in San Diego. I can't say I wasn't warned, but I was in denial. This is southern California! Fortunately though, the sun came out for our tour of the University of San Diego today, which made a lovely campus even more beautiful.

I took a lot of pictures of this blue dome but love this one best because of the bird:



I also took lots of pictures of trees, flowers, and other plant life:







I kept saying, "Oh, I wonder what kind of tree THAT is!" This must be what it's like to be my dad; he is a noticer of trees. They pretty much have to look like they were designed by Dr. Seuss before I notice them.

(By the way, I bought a new camera the other day--a Canon PowerShot S100--and I really had a lot of fun playing around with it today. Click on the photo of the white flower and gaze in awe at the veins or whatever in the bee's wings.)

Here is the Institute of Peace and Justice:



Peace and justice are big focuses for the university, and in fact, the Dalai Lama was just here the other day!

One question I always ask on college tours is "Do you need a car here?" Some schools say, "No, you can always find a friend with a car," which I've decided is college-speak for "Good heavens, yes, bring a car!" If Annabelle goes to USD and needs to find a friend with a car, maybe the car can be a Ferrari. No joke. When I saw this, I told Annabelle, "Smile! I'm pretending to take your picture, but really I'm just documenting that car over there," which is why it looks like she's thinking, "My mom is such a weirdo."



If I went to USD, I would spend all of my time here:



You can see the rest of my USD photos by clicking here.

1 comment:

sherrijj said...

Very awesome pictures! That new camera did a good job! I love trees too! I am a notices of trees for sure... Love all the trees you photographed!
Love,
Sherri