Monday, April 25, 2011

Housework

It's been a while since I posted any pictures of the house. As of yesterday, the third floor is done, with the exception of Annabelle's bathroom. Maybe this summer!

When you go up the stairs from the second to third floor, you come out in an open L-shaped loft area. We have taken one part of the loft and used it for storage for games, DVDs, and such:







I keep thinking that it would be a great area to use as a workout room if I could force myself to, you know, work out.

The other part of the loft is what we call the "man cave." This was Fred's post-deployment present to himself, but Annabelle probably uses it the most. We bought a couple of super-comfy loveseats with drink holders:



and a nice, big TV:



Annabelle's room has been done for some time now. Both her room and Mike's are painted a subtle gray. She has chosen to pick up the orange stripe in her bedding to add a splash of color:









Mike's room got pushed to the back burner since he has really stayed in it for only a few weeks since we moved here. We went through this weekend though and put up curtains and hung stuff up on his walls:









Remaining projects are Annabelle's bathroom and the guest room on the second floor, plus I'd like to finish organizing my office. I have made a promise to myself that I will not hang Ceiling Cat up until my office is finished.

No comments: