Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweater weather!

This snowy afternoon was just perfect for sitting back with a cup of tea and finishing up the sweater I started over a year ago. I've been within a couple of hours of finishing it for literally months. I think I was worried that after all this time that I put into it, it might not fit right. Plus I always get nervous grafting a seam closed, and I had the 2 underarm seams standing between me and completion.

I finally got motivated though because I'm going to Florida next weekend and will be seeing my grandmother. I wanted to be able to show it to her and also to return the needles I borrowed from her.

It came out quite nicely, if I do say so myself:



Here's a close-up of the yoke detailing:



All in all it was a fun knit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! Why don't you just add the needles to your collection; I haven't missed them and don't even remember which ones they are.

Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

Love, Grandma