Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Housekeeping

Now that the kids are back in school and the holiday craziness is behind us, I thought I should do a little housekeeping. Unfortunately, I don't really feel like getting up from my desk, so I figured I could pay a little attention to my blog sidebar. It has been so neglected for so long.

I used to have a list of blogs I read going down the side of the page. This was powered by Blogroll, an application that allowed me to keep a master list of blogs that would automatically update in my sidebar as blogs were added or removed. But then I went through a long period of not adding or removing anybody, and the list no longer really reflected my online reading anymore. And THEN at some point, Blogroll went out of business, and my list disappeared. I wonder when that happened.

I've been using Google Reader on my new phone for most of my blog reading lately. I would love to have a way of sharing that list here and having it automatically update with additions and deletions. Best I can do today though is to use a Blogger widget that imports the names and creates a static list. I'll keep working on it though!

No comments: