Friday, December 03, 2010

Let there be lights!

Hello, again! I took a few days off to recover from blogging every day in November. I also had to recover from the cold from hell, which hit me like a ton of bricks on Saturday and stayed with me through Tuesday. I slept until 10 Wednesday morning but have felt pretty good since then. Tuesday night I swabbed the inside of my nose with some of the medicine we give the cat when he gets a cold, and I swear I think that's what did the trick.

Tonight was the official kick off to the holiday season here on post. We live right across the street from the park where they were having the big tree lighting, so Annabelle and I took the dog for a walk to check out the scene. I took my camera along to capture some of the festivities and decorations.

This is the Thomas Custer house, which is just down the street from us. It is a DVQ (Distinguished Visitors Quarters), and sometimes you can tell when foreign DVs are visiting from the flags that hang outside. A few weeks ago, for example, we saw the Israeli flag flying there. Anyway, here it is all decked for the season:



They had carriage rides around the park tonight:



Annabelle made a green friend:



We got bored waiting around for the park lights to come on, so we took Ginger and walked around the parade field to see those houses. I liked this one:



Just a little while ago, Fred and I went out to see the lights in the park. Here is the chapel on the other side of the park:



Another nicely decorated home:



And the gazebo in the middle of the park:



Very pretty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Bonnie; I've missed you! Thanks for the light show. They are beautiful and inspirational, so let me be the first to say: "Happy Holidays!"

Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I am quite interested in the cat medicine you incorporated to recover from your cold. Wonder if I might have some of whatever it is in my medicine cabinet? Hmmm....
Love, Julia

Bonnie said...

Happy holidays to you, too, Grandma! Wish we could get together at the mansion on the beach again this year!

Julia, it was interferon. They do use it as an anti-viral in humans, but for people with serious things like cancer and hepatitis. Poor Eddie starts getting a cold when he gets stressed, but a couple days of interferon taken by mouth and he's good as new. I swabbed my nose though. I think it helped!