Saturday, December 25, 2010

. . . and to all a good night!

Great Christmas here in Kansas! We slept until a reasonable hour and then attacked the presents under the tree. We balanced out the remainder of the day by eating way too much and plowing through several episodes of Dexter on DVD.

A couple of my favorite parts of Christmas:

The wreath that the kids and I made out of clothespins in Hawaii. We use ours to display cards received throughout the season:



And the stockings my grandmother knitted for the kids:



Each year I love shopping for stocking stuffers. I keep 2 bags going in the weeks leading up to Christmas and toss in goodies as I find them. Then on Christmas Eve, Fred and I wrap what we can of it in special paper (you know, so the kids won't wonder why Santa is using the same paper that we are) and fill up the stockings, which are the first thing the kids head for on Christmas morning. This year's stocking stuffers included some yummy stuff (chocolate-covered espresso beans and a few Reeses products), some sensible stuff (hand sanitizer, pencils, and printer ink, some fun stuff (books and movies I find on sale), and some bizarre stuff (Battle Hamsters).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas card wreath! What a great way to display your cards and keep them all together. And, of course, I am happy to see that the Xmas stockings are still serving their purpose.

Happy New Year!

Love, Grandma

Organized Working Mom said...

The wreath is awesome! Love it! What did you use to stick the pegs on? Just regular elmers glue?

Bonnie said...

Thanks, OWM! The wreath is just painted clothespins strung on a clothes hanger stretched into a circle. I wrote it here a couple years ago: http://bonald3.blogspot.com/2007/11/holiday-craft-for-you.html

It's best if you spray paint the clothespins. The kids and I made these as gifts for their teachers years ago, and I clipped a bookstore gift card to each wreath.