The FSU tour was fantastic. We started with a walking tour of the campus this morning followed by an information session. I was impressed with the formal part of the tour, but it was the stuff that happened later that won my heart. Some highlights:
- Eating lunch in the amazing Suwanee Room. It looks like the dining hall at Hogwarts, and the food was amazing. The staff was so friendly and took such obvious pride in putting out a first-class meal.
- Chatting with the receptionist in the Air Force ROTC office (she offered to have us come back sometime and she would show us around campus in a golf cart) and then getting information from 2 different captains about the program. And THEN having a student who is in the program escort us over to the circus tent in the rain.
- Seeing the circus tent and watching the students practice. Talking to the director and finding out that students can take a circus class for PE credit and that participation in the circus program is open to any students who are interested.
- Visiting the film department, learning a lot of interesting stuff, and being advised to also check out the media production department.
- Visiting the media production department and watching both kids light up like the fourth of July on our impromptu tour of Seminole Productions.
I never dreamed we would spend the whole day on campus. We're back at the hotel now, jammied up and waiting for "The Office" and "30 Rock." Then it's off to bed so we'll be ready for the drive to DeLand tomorrow.