Monday, March 02, 2009

The drowsy chaperone

Chilly chaperone is more like it. I "worked" backstage at the dress rehearsal for Annabelle's play tonight, and it was c-c-cold. I say "worked," because really all I did was hang out backstage chatting with the other adults. And when they did a complete run-through of the show, we got to go out and be the audience. Tough job, but somebody has to do it.

The play is called "Cats and Dogs," and it's really 2 mini-plays, one of "Aristocats" and the other of "101 Dalmatians." Annabelle is an alley cat in the first show:



And the mother dog (Perdita) in the second:



I didn't get any really decent pics from "Aristocats," but here's a taste:



And here are a couple of Pongo and Perdita as well as some of their pups:





Here are a couple of brief (very brief--I was running out of room on my memory card) video clips from "101 Dalmatians." Here are Pongo and Perdita summoning the dogs of London using the twilight bark:



And here is a snippet of "Dalmatian Plantation":



They're doing the shows for Hardin County school kids tomorrow and Thursday. Then on Friday night, Mike and I are going to the public performance. Can't wait!

Break a leg, Annabelle!

No comments: