Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mental block

When we picked Ginger up from her breeder, one of the many extra items we were given was a nifty little folder with her shot record in it. I carried that folder back and forth to the vet's all last fall as she got the rest of her shots, but when it came time to board her for our trip to New York, the folder was nowhere to be found. At the last possible moment, I wound up having the vet fax a copy of the record to Fred at work, and that's what we took to the kennel as proof of immunization.

Fast forward to this year . . .

When I took her in for her shots this fall, I had the vet's office make me a new copy of her updated shot record since I knew we would be boarding her for a little weekend getaway we're leaving on tomorrow. Today though, when I was getting her stuff together in preparation for her stay at Doggy Camp (food? check. blanket? check. toys? check.), once again I couldn't find the stupid shot record! Fortunately, the kennel has a fax machine, so the vet was able to fax it directly out there.

What am I DOING with the shot records? Do I wander the house at night, tearing them up and burning the pieces? Our kennel is a very nice place, but I have to think maybe my subconscious mind is trying to avert us boarding her. Either that or the papers are buried somewhere on my desk.

We're off bright and early tomorrow morning for a fun weekend!

No comments: