Saturday, December 01, 2007

Go, Team Orange!

I don't have much time, as Fred and I are getting ready to leave for our holiday party up in Louisville. It just didn't feel right though after a month of daily blogging not to "hug" my blog today.

I've been meaning for ages to mention that my cousin Laura's daughter Lauren is a contestant on the Discovery Kids show "Endurance: Fiji." It's kind of like "Survivor" for kids only without the extreme physical deprivation--probably because that would be child abuse.

I set my DVR to record the show when it first started several weeks ago, only to realize after the fact that my stupid cable package didn't include that channel. So I missed the first episode, although I was able to add the channel in time to tape a repeat showing. I never got around to watching though, so pretty soon I had about a half dozen episodes saved up. Last week, Annabelle and I sat down and had an "Endurance" marathon, and now we're caught up and totally hooked.

Normally the new episodes air on Saturday nights, but I notice that it's not on tonight. Next week, however, they're showing the first episode. I guess the show is on break for the holidays. At any rate, it's a perfect opportunity for you to get caught up if you're not already watching. Just make sure you cheer for the orange team!

No comments: