Sunday, October 14, 2007

Note to self: Don't leave your camera at home!

When Fred and I set out for our week in Charlottesville, I did something incredibly stupid: I left my camera at home . . . on purpose. I had a very good reason: I figured I already have so many photos that need editing and posting, and this was my fourth time attending this conference in as many years, so why take more pictures now?

The error of my ways became apparent to me an hour down the road when, just outside Lexington, we drove past a castle. Not a house that looks kind of like a castle, but a real castle! I was immediately moaning that I wished I had my camera with me. Instead of seeing my own picture of the castle, you'll have to be content with this image that I filched off the Internet:



While I'm stealing images, I might as well add this one of that same castle in flames a few years ago. It seems to be much better now:



My next case of camera remorse came 2 days later when Fred and I got all dressed up for the big dinner. I wanted to memorialize my bargain outfit ($50 dress! $10 beads!), but did I have my camera? No, I did not. Fortunately, one of the guys who was helping out with the conference had a camera:



Two days after that, I met my friend Jennifer for breakfast at Bodo's. She and I worked together ages ago when Fred and I and Mike (this was pre-Annabelle) lived in Charlottesville for Fred's Advance Course. We have kept in touch over the years, and for the past 2 years we have gotten together while I'm in town. It's always such fun to catch up with Jennifer! I had already asked her to bring her camera, which she assured me that she always has with her (smart girl!). So here we are at Bodo's, where I had just enjoyed an amazing onion bagel with lox spread (and where I would be returning for lunch that same day with Fred--can't get too much Bodo's):



I do hereby promise never to leave the camera behind on purpose ever again!

No comments: