Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring Break--the after-action report

Spring Break was kind of a mixed bag this year. For one thing, Annabelle started off the break sick, and Fred was sick for the weekend on either end. Our trip down to Alabama and over to Fort Benning was fun, but it seems that I am allergic to Alabama. By the end of our first night there, I was a sniffly, sneezy mess with red, itchy eyes.

I promised to post a picture of Annabelle with her stylish new hat, so here's a shot. I thought it was cute how she had Snickers strapped to her backpack for the trip, but she just about injured herself rolling her eyes at me:



On Thursday we left the kids to visit with Fred's parents while he and I went over to Fort Benning. Fred was proud to be able to pin jump wings on one of his guys (not a lot of jumping out of airplanes here at Recruiting Command):



After the ceremony, we went out with Captain Beane and his parents for a very nice lunch and then went back to Alabama.

We drove home on Friday. The weather had turned cold a couple days earlier, and I was disgusted to see snow as we got closer to Fort Knox:



It didn't stick, but it's just the principle of the thing. Go away, snow, and take your stupid cold weather with you.

Today the kids are back at school, and Fred is back at work, so it kind of feels like a mini-Spring Break for me. I love that feeling of having the house all to myself again after a period of playing nicely with others.

No comments: