Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Got hats?

I bought 4 yesterday. Granted, one of them was for Annabelle (and is totally cute--I need to post a picture). One of the other 3 is for Derby. The question is, WHICH one?

Annabelle and I started off our hat-shopping odyssey in Macy's where I found a hat I really liked, but it was $105 ($150 original minus 30%). After checking out the $300 and $400 hats at Von Maur, however, that started looking like a bargain, so I bought it (after checking to make sure that, yes, hats are returnable).

Then we went to Steinmart where I found a hat very similar to the Macy's hat that was only $30. In fact, this hat was the SAME hat, right down to the label inside, with the only difference being a few silk flowers on the brim. Naturally, I grabbed it, as well as a plain green straw hat (my dress is white with pink flowers and green leaves) that was only $20.

I took some pictures to show my board of invisible friends, and so far sentiment is in favor of the green hat. The people who don't like the green hat though REALLY don't like it. I will be the first to admit that the green hat definitely needs a little pimping if it's going to go to Derby--maybe some pink tulle and some flowers?

There is no way in hell I'm posting those very unflattering mirror shots here on my blog, but if you would like to weigh in with your opinion, shoot me an email or leave a comment here, and I will be more than happy to send them to you.

No comments: