Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Germany in my rear-view mirror

Well, our last couple of days in Germany have been really nice. I've had a little wine and a lot of Italian ice cream (twice today!). We haven't done anything wildly exciting, but I've had lots of time to visit with my friends, which was great. On Monday, Amy and I met Doris and Sibylle for lunch (Thai food--sorry, Gretchyn, forgot to take a picture). Yesterday, we took Phil's Thunderbird over to Heidelberg and met our friend Jane for a 4-hour lunch.

Today the bags are packed, and we're ready for our flight back to the States. I'm sad to go but excited about the Florida portion of our summer vacation. I'm especially excited about seeing Fred again. Not having him here has been the one defect in an otherwise perfect holiday.

See you all on the other side of the Great Pond!

No comments: