Thursday, July 06, 2006

Duck . . . duck . . . goose?

If you've been going through my daily photo albums at Image Station, you have probably seen a lot of pictures of a pair of rather odd-looking birds. They are Egyptian geese, and they seem to have taken up residence here in Grant Circle. Apparently "ducks" are to "Tony Soprano" as "Egyptian geese" are to "me," because I can't stop taking their picture!

On Sunday when my friend Sibylle was over and we were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful day, I was concerned to see that there was only one goose, and I wondered what had happened to the other. Well, I guess she must have been otherwise occupied, because as of Tuesday, there were 2 new geese:



I saw a hawk take a pass at one of the babies, but Daddy Goose chased him off. I really hope I don't have to witness any "circle of life" moments.

Check out this brief video clip of the geese. Make sure you have your speakers on, because these birds are NOISY!

No comments: