Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend report

This past weekend was super-busy, but we did get a lot done. We started off with the post yard sale on Saturday morning, where we managed to turn a bunch of unwanted junk into approximately $450. The rest of the weekend was all about painting and unpacking. I keep thinking that I will wait to post pictures until one room, ANY room, is 100% done, but that just isn't how things are happening here. Instead it's a little bit here, a little bit there, a little more here. So I'm just going to say to heck with it and post evidence that we are in fact taking care of business.

First off, I have to say that this house is freakishly hard to take pictures in. It doesn't get a lot of natural light, but flash tends to wash out the paint colors and make them look funny. So instead I get mostly dark and fuzzy pictures, but oh well.

I guess you could count the front doorway as "done," as it has been painted and we have applied the wall sticker I ordered from Amazon:



The second-floor bath is also almost done as well, except for some basic organizing. Fred has painted, replaced the shower head, and assembled the storage tower that sits over the toilet. The walls are the same yellow as our kitchen, and the curtains on the window are actually shower curtains from our previous home:



I can't wait for the living room to be done, but that won't happen until the new couch arrives in November. Here's what we DO have done though:







We are also making progress in the dining room. The table is almost entirely cleared off, but that silly white cat is still there:



The built-in china cabinet in the dining room is almost together (and if you look through the door to the right, you can see Annabelle doing homework at the kitchen table--BONUS!):



Next on our agenda:

-Pick a color for my office.

-Paint our room the gorgeous light turquoise color we've picked out.

-Paint Fred's office Macadamia.

-See if Analytical Gray is the magic bullet for Annabelle's and Mike's room and, if so, get them done. (Speaking of which, I am too easily influenced by paint color NAMES. For example, there was a gray called "Dorian Gray" that I wanted desperately even though it was totally the wrong shade.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love your house

I now have a new left knee. I'm rehabilitating at home with the help of a home health service. We're an odd couple; I'm Grace's caregiver and she is my caregiver. We are looking forward to the time when Grace and I can come visit you in Kansas.

Anonymous said...

We love your house

I now have a new left knee. I'm rehabilitating at home with the help of a home health service. We're an odd couple; I'm Grace's caregiver and she is my caregiver. We are looking forward to the time when Grace and I can come visit you in Kansas.

Dave and Grace

Bonnie said...

Grandma and Dave, we would love to have you come visit! This is really a pretty post. Dave, glad to hear that you've got your new knee!