Monday, September 20, 2010

AWOL

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. We got distracted from our painting project but are now back in the game and working in the foyer and our bedroom.

Annabelle has been busy with school work. Fort Knox High School operated on a block schedule, where 8 classes were spread out over 2 days. Here she has 7 classes every single day, which shortens the class periods but seems to increase the amount of homework (or at least to decrease the amount of time given to get it done). She has a part in a play next month though, so she is excited about that and happy to be finding her Kansas people.

Mike's reports from FSU are encouraging. I don't think any of us expected it to be so emotionally exhausting to start college on the heels of a deployment and cross-country move, but he is settling in nicely. He is doing well in his classes and participating in the swim club. He also has callbacks for the circus tomorrow and Wednesday!

Fred is enjoying his new job, and we are enjoying seeing so much of Fred. He walks to work each morning and then comes home at lunch. We are getting spoiled by having supper when the sun is still up.

I'm working 2 mornings a week at the post library and getting credit toward my library science degree, which I should be finishing up (finally!) in the spring. I've spent time in the copyright permissions office and am now working in the archives, looking up copyright information on old German books. Fun!

Since I don't have any recent painting photos to upload, please enjoy this picture of Harvey, taking a nap on Annabelle's Algebra II book:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bonnie, for bringing us up to date on recent happenings for each of you. (I'm guessing that you ARE working in the archives at the library; that noT looks like a typo to me.) Sounds like everyone is settling in well, and it's exciting to me to hear all about it.

You probably don't remember them, but my cousins April (Neeld) and Ken Brock were in the FSU circus. In fact, I believe that is where they met. I have no idea what year(s), however.

Let us know how Annabelle's play develops. An occasional picture would be very welcome too.

Fred's lifestyle has certainly undergone a great change for the better; I'm so happy for him to be "at home!"

Love, Grandma

Bonnie said...

Whoops, good catch, Grandma! I fixed my typo. :-) Thanks!