Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Metamorphosis

Annabelle and I have managed to squeeze in small but productive bursts of unpacking over the past couple of days. Yesterday we focused our attention on arranging furniture in the living and dining rooms; today it was all about my office.

Tomorrow we are going to the paint store to choose colors for the first floor. I took these photos to show the designer and figured I would share them here. As you can see, we still have miles to go. Feel free to sing out if you have suggestions for paint colors.

Here is the living room. The red couch isn't long for the program, which is a pity, as I really loved it when we got it. The fabric hasn't held up worth beans though, which makes me sad every time I see it. So in the near future it will be replaced, probably by something a bit more neutral:





The dining room table continues to be the dumping ground for stuff that we're just not sure where it should go:





When considering paint colors, keep in mind that I want to paint the kitchen and entry way as well. I see the living/dining rooms as one color, the kitchen and butler's pantry as another, and the foyer as yet another. This is the foyer, in case you need a refresher:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should consult with becky. she is the queen of color!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the red couch, you might consider having it reupholstered if you really like it. Of course, the problem there is finding a good craftsman to do the job at a reasonable price. As for the paint selection, I'm the world's worst at picking colors; so I won't even comment on that.

Love, Grandma

Cathy Setter said...

I might be too late in suggestions but Raffia Gold by Porter Paints is a beautiful color that goes well with reds, greens, blues, just about any color

sherrijj said...

For some reason, I would think a warm, goldish yellow or beige tone would be nice in the living/dining room. I'm not sure about the other rooms, though. Again, maybe a nice latte type color??? This is a neat, old house, huh? You must be a pro at moving by now...
Love,
Sherri

Teresa said...

Of course, it is a day later, so you've probably been to the store. My first thought when I saw the pic was how pretty a nice warm rich darker tannish color (towards gold insteaad of brown) would be as a backdrop to the dark furniture and the red couch. Can't wait to see pics of the finished pics!

Karla said...

Good lord what an elegant place you have! I think a nice camel color in the living room, with a soft butter yellow in the kitchen. I love butter yellow kitchens.....Hell, I love butter....