Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First day of summer

True, it's only in the mid-60s outside, but I had my last class for the semester last night, which makes today the first official day of summer for me! I'm using my new-found freedom to take care of a bunch of little tasks around the house that I've been neglecting lately (like feeding the kids, for example).

Annabelle and I have been watching Hoarders: Buried Alive lately. I'm finding it very inspiring for cleaning the house. I'm also getting into pre-move mode, where I want to go through everything and unload a ton of unnecessary junk. After 5 years in one place, we have a lot of that!

Tonight Mike is taking pictures at a track meet for the yearbook. Annabelle and I are going to have a "girls' night" with some friends down the street. I have made a Joghurtsahnetorte for the occasion. I feel like a domestic goddess.

I took a 2-month break from Pilates when it became too much to balance the commute to Louisville with homework and all the traveling we've been doing. I started back yesterday though, and it feels wonderful to be back. I'm going to try to make it up there twice a week through the summer. I'm also doing a spinning (as in biking) class twice a week here on post, and now that the weather is warming up, I'm putting a fair number of miles on the dog.

I will try to use some of my new leisure time to take better care of my blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you will be blogging more regularly. I look forward to "hearing" from you first thing each morning; and, if you don't come across, something is missing from my day.

I love you!

Grandma

Bonnie said...

I love you, too, Grandma, and I'm really glad you're feeling better! :-)