Sunday, April 04, 2010

Random Leavenworth photos

It sounds like Mike did Greece and Italy right. He didn't bring home a single euro, and he didn't get one minute more sleep than he actually needed while he was there. The trip was amazing, and I can't wait to see his pictures and share some of them here. He's off at the gym right now though, working off some of that Italian food, so I'll content myself with putting up the few random Fort Leavenworth photos that I have left from last week. Annabelle and I walked around the historical neighborhood on our last evening there.

This is another shot of the action that is behind the houses on Grant Avenue (pool, tennis courts, etc.). I love the idea of having all that LITERALLY in my backyard:



Annabelle was charmed by how they ran the sidewalk around this big ol' tree:



Quaint gazebo:



Adorable little chapel:



Finally, here are the pics that the housing office sent just to give us a feel for what the historical housing looks like. I can't stop looking at these homes:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that nice of them to make these available to you since they probably didn't know that you would be able to go and look them over yourself. Wasn't that "special"?

Love, Grandma

Bonnie said...

Yes, Grandma, everybody out in Kansas has been very nice and helpful. I hope this is a trend with staying power! :-)