Monday, December 07, 2009

Goals

I was updating my calendar this afternoon, and I realized that I have just over a month left until my next semester of classes starts up. I have really been looking forward to this break, but I want to make sure that I don't waste it. So I started thinking about what my priorities are for the month:
  • Enjoy Christmas without getting bogged down with the stress. I got a nice start on that tonight when Annabelle and I went to the John Hardin High School chorus's holiday concert. I need to make some more Russian tea and start addressing envelopes for my cards (I love doing my Christmas cards).
  • Work on organizing my photos. I think I have about decided that Picasa is the way to go for photo organization. I have 29,641 image files on my computer, so that is a lot of organizing. I also want to FINALLY organize my home videotapes so I can transfer all that to DVD.
  • Knit more. I am eager to start on a sweater project, but I want to finish up the socks I'm making first. Unfortunately I've been ignoring those socks for the better part of the past year, so I need to just suck it up and get on with it. Then I can treat myself with a trip to the fancy yarn store!
  • Read more. My reading really went into a slump when my eyesight deteriorated on me last spring, and I seem to have fallen out of the habit. When I remember to pick up a book though, I love it, so I need to do more of it.
  • Purge, purge, purge. I took a carload of stuff to Goodwill yesterday, but there's plenty more where that came from. Paring down now will mean a less painful move next summer.
  • Play a MODEST AMOUNT of Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. Seriously, this is what sucks my time. Yeah, it's fun, but it also comes between me and all those other things on my list. I'd love to quit cold turkey, but I'm a realist. Maybe if I could at least stop playing in bed though . . .

No comments: