Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Long time no talk to!

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? Things have been crazy, so I will bring you up to date on random events with some bullet points:
  • My mom flew up to Kentucky on Sunday, June 24, in order to visit and then drive down to Florida with me and the kids that Thursday. Greetings from the sunshine state (where it has rained like crazy all day)!


  • Annabelle and I got haircuts last week. I've been agonizing over whether or not to cut bangs for months, and I finally took the plunge. Annabelle was even more courageous and got a cute little pixie cut a la Audrey Hepburn. She can even spike it out for a funkier look:



  • Mike got TWO haircuts last week. First, he had his hair cut on post last Monday, but he is such a chicken when it comes to his hair that he wound up not getting enough cut off. On the drive down to Florida on Thursday, he started fretting somewhere around Atlanta about his hair and how stupid it was going to look when he put on his tux for the wedding on Monday (see infra--with any luck this will all make sense soon). We made a food stop in Perry, Georgia, where there just happened to be a salon in the strip mall behind Chick-Fil-A, and he got his second haircut for the week.


  • Annabelle found a potato with a face. Had it looked like, say, Jesus, we would have tried to sell it on ebay. We couldn't figure out who it looked like though, so we took its picture and then baked it and ate it for supper:



  • Mike is going to be the mascot for his school next year. I don't have a photo of him in his complete costume, but here's something you don't see every day:



  • One of the reasons we timed our trip to Florida for when we did was so that Mike could take part in the wedding of his friends Chris and Laura. We pulled into DeLand late last Thursday night, and Friday morning, I dropped him off at Shades of Green at Disney World with the rest of the wedding party. Annabelle, my sister, and I joined him on Sunday, and Annabelle and I attended the wedding with him on Monday. Here's a pre-wedding shot of the kids (note Mike's new and improved hair):



  • The rodents attended the wedding as well. Pellet and Cheezer are helpless to resist a good party:



  • Mike really enjoyed being part of the wedding festivities and took his groomsman duties seriously (and not so seriously):



  • Chris and Mike were in band together this past year and are both guitar players. Chris wanted to surprise Laura by playing a special song for her at their reception. Mike borrowed guitars from my parents, and he and Chris played "Wonder Wall" by Oasis. Mike and I were referring to the guitars by the code name "jelly" as in "Hey, Mom, don't forget to bring the jelly!" Accordingly, I have dubbed this "Jelly's Last Jam":


There! Now you are more or less caught up, and I will try to be a more conscientious blogger in the future.

No comments: