Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Puppy update

Ginger went back to the eye doctor today for one more re-check, and she is doing great! We are to continue her eyedrops for another couple of weeks, but she was finally able to get out of her dreaded cone collar.

In honor of this exciting development, I thought I would hop back in time and share a happy pre-injury tale. Shortly after we arrived in DeLand the kids and I, along with my sister and her husband Jeff, went to spend the day with our friends Desiree and Hal. Dez and Hal have 2 dogs, so we took Ginger along for a puppy playdate, and she had the best time! We even took her in the pool for some swimming . . . and surfing:



Here is a picture of Ginger lounging by the pool. If you click on the picture to see it larger, you can see that her eye was already hurt although we didn't discover the injury for another couple of days:



The funniest thing was when Jeff and the kids were roughhousing in the pool. Ginger watched from the side, quite concerned and barking insistently. When they failed to heed her warnings, Ginger jumped in the pool to save the day. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera handy, so we had to do a reenactment, which I captured here:



Tomorrow we're leaving Florida for a few days in Alabama on our way home to Kentucky. I have tons of stuff that I haven't gotten around to blogging, but hey, I'm on vacation! More to come, I promise.

No comments: